What is a roux?
- A kind of dessert
- A piece of equipment designed to cook eggs with steam
- A mixture of fat (especially butter) and flour used in making sauces.
- A liquid such as milk or beaten egg, used to form a smooth shiny coating on food.
Truffle oil is made from…
- A fruit
- Pig's blood
Stinky cheese, yay or nay?
- Big YAY!
- I like it sometimes
- I prefer my cheese to taste like cheese, not feet
Do you ever carefully pair wines with your meals?
- No, why?
What is a deconstructed dish?
- A new twist on a classic dish
- A dish that has its ingredients served separately from each other rather than blended together
- Reassembling the components of a classic dish in order to challenge our assumptions about food
- There is no such thing as a "deconstructed dish"
Do you photograph your food?
- Of course! Food porn is my life.
Have you ever pickled/canned/krauted anything yourself?
- Sure I have
- No, I haven't
- I did once, a long time ago
Which of these is rosemary?