Only True Fans Can Ace This “Top Gun” Quiz!
There may be no movie that captures the 1980s better than “Top Gun”! It had Tom Cruise, Val Kilmer, Cold War Games, a classic soundtrack, and plenty of big action scenes. If you grew up in the ’80s, you probably watched this movie over and over again on VHS. So take our quiz and see just how much you remember about the highway to the Danger Zone!
Who was Maverick's wingman who gives up his wings after a risky mission?
Which future ER star played Goose in the film?
- George Clooney
- Anthony Edwards
- Noah Wiley
How many rules of engagement did Maverick break during a battle with Jester?
What song do Maverick and Goose sing to Charlie?
- Lady in Red
- Highway to the Danger Zone
- You've Lost that Loving Feeling
What is Charlie's real first name?
What does Maverick do after inverting his Tomcat while engaging the Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-28s?
- Sticks out his tongue
- Holds up the peace sign
- Gives the enemy pilot the finger
Which of the following was NOT a call sign in the film?
What kind of motorcycle does Maverick ride?
What does Goose collide with, leading to his death?
- Another Tomcat
- The plane's canopy
- A line of trees
Who was technically responsible for Goose's death?
What was Maverick's full name?
- LT Nick "Maverick" Bradshaw
- LT Bill "Maverick" Cortell
- LT Pete "Maverick" Mitchell
Who played Iceman?
- Val Kilmer
- Tom Skerritt
- John Stockwell
Which of the following songs was NOT on the film's soundtrack?
- Danger Zone
- Take My Breath Away
- Born in the U.S.A.
Finish this line; "Tower, this is Ghost Rider, requesting a flyby."
- "Negative, Ghost Rider, the runway is empty."
- "Negative, Ghost Rider, the pattern is full."
- "Negative, Ghost Rider, the refueling truck is gone."
Where does Iceman say that the plaque for alternates is located?
- In the mess hall
- In the ladies room
- In the garbage can
What does RIO stand for?
- Rear-Admiral Intelligence Officer
- Regional Intelligence Officer
- Radar Intercept Officer
Finish this line: "I feel the need…"
- "The need for speed."
- "The need for action."
- "The need for love."
What does Maverick consider doing after the board of inquiry reviews Goose's death?
- Considers retiring
- Proposing to Charlie
- Forcing Iceman to quit
What mystery haunts Maverick?
- His father's possible death in Vietnam
- His father abandoning his family when he was a child
- His father sabotaging his chances to become a Top Gun pilot
Where are Slider, Hollywood, Maverick, and Wolfman ordered to report to after their graduation?
- The Enterprise
- The Constitution
- The Intrepid
What does Maverick learn about his father's last mission?
- He went AWOL and was never heard from again
- He refused to disengage during a dogfight and saved three pilots
- He had been assigned to a top secret attachment and was killed in action
Which actress plays Charlie?
- Meg Ryan
- Ally Sheedy
- Kelly McGillis
What branch of the military are the Top Gun pilots from?
- Air Force
What is Iceman's real name?
- Rick Heatherly
- Tom Kazanski
- Mike Metcalf
What does Maverick do when Charlie says she's falling for him?
- Kiss her
- Walk away
- Give her his jacket
Who said the following line? "Maverick, It's not your flying. It's your attitude."
Which character uses the call sign "Ghost Rider" for his aircraft?
The director of "Top Gun" is the brother of which other famous movie director?
- Jerry Bruckheimer
- Ridley Scott
- Ethan Cohen
100 Laurel Beach is the address that:
- Iceman gives Maverick for the post-graduation party
- Charlie gives Maverick when she invites him to dinner
- Maverick and Goose live at before attending Top Gun school
What song do Charlie and Maverick discuss while at her house?
- Sittin' on the Dock of the Bay
- Leavin' on an Airplane
- The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald