How Authoritarian/Libertarian Are You?
In the aftermath of a terrorist attack, do you believe heightened security is necessary to keep the nation safe?
- Heightened security means sacrificing freedoms, which is unacceptable.
- Increased security is justifiable in times of crisis
- There must be a balance so our rights are not violated
- I'm okay giving up some rights if it means I'm safe
If your neighbors are breaking the law by owning too many pets, would you report them to the police?
- Rules are rules. If you break the law, I call the cops!
- Only if the pets were really bothering me
- I would approach them about it first, but if they don't listen... I'm reporting them
- No, I don't care what someone does on their own property
Pick one quality you'd most prefer your children to have:
- Good manners
Should the government be allowed to monitor its citizens at the expense of personal privacy?
- Only when the terror threat is really high
- I follow the law, so I've got nothing to worry about
- Never ever ever!
- Only citizens under suspicion of illegal activity
Do you believe civil disobedience is good for the country?
- Rebellion strengthens the nation
- Riots and protests are bad for the nation
- Protesters are annoying; I wish they'd get a job already!
- If people don't like the laws, elect new leaders. Stop whining about it!
Are progressive platforms such as same-sex marriage, marijuana decriminalization, and prison reform heading the country in the right direction?
- The next president needs to repeal same-sex marriage and enforce the current drug laws
- Our country is heading in a sinful direction
- All of these are landmark victories for individual rights!
- I'm nervous about any sort of radical change, especially with drugs and prison!
If you strongly disagree with a rule or policy, do you think it's ever OK to break the rules?
- Occasionally, but don't make a habit out of it
- The world would be a better place if everyone followed the rules
- I pride myself on how well I follow orders and take direction
- Stand up for what you believe in, even if it's against the rules
Would you feel safer in your daily life with a strong, charismatic leader in charge?
- We need to put a strong person in charge
- We need virtually no government, with a hands-off leader
- We need an established politician who knows how the system works
- We need to choose whoever represents the voice of the people!