How Conservative/Liberal Are You?
Should the minimum wage be raised to $15/hr nationwide?
- A higher minimum wage would only raise the price of everything
- The US should abolish the minimum wage system altogether
- Low-wage workers deserve higher pay, but I don't know about $15
- If wages reflected inflation, the current minimum wage would be well over $15
Do you believe a low tax rate for corporations would help the economy?
- If corporations were taxed at a lower rate, they will create jobs and pay their employees more.
- I think higher taxes probably impedes job growth
- Trickle-down economics is a fallacy designed to make the rich richer
- I think there are arguments to be made for both sides
Should the US maintain its current level of defense spending?
- We need to remove ourselves from armed conflict altogether
- We should increase defense spending
- We should cut our defense budget
- We should limit defense spending but still maintain a strong military
How do you think the US should deal with immigration?
- Grant amnesty to all undocumented immigrants
- Deport all 11 million illegal immigrants, build a wall along the Mexican border
- We need comprehensive reforms, starting with the DREAM Act and a path to citizenship
- We should deport illegal immigrants and establish a guest-worker program
Should the US government provide tuition-free public universities and healthcare for all?
- The US can not afford to provide such privileges
- Obamacare is a step in the right direction, but I don't know about free everything
- Healthcare and college should be completely private enterprises
- Education and health care are basic human rights
Does the 2nd Amendment need to be reviewed and/or revised?
- No, I believe in absolute gun ownership
- I believe in stricter background checks, but that's about it
- Handguns and hunting rifles are fine, but let's get rid of assault weapons
- The 2nd Amendment should be repealed
Do you believe the government should take a larger role in providing a support system for those in need?
- Expanding welfare, jobs programs, and access to education would be a good start
- The poor have to pull themselves out of poverty through hard work
- Welfare encourages unemployment, and all social programs should be cut
- I think things are fine the way they are now
- The government should provide a minimum basic income
How do you feel about workers' unions?
- All American workers should be unionized
- Some unions have too much power, others not so much
- Unions are bad for the economy, obstruct growth, and should be dismantled
- Workers' unions are the anchor of the middle class
Should we encourage Congress to close Social Security loopholes, and shrink the size of the system?
- The system is unsustainable, and needs to be fixed
- It is not the government's responsibility to ensure retirement for its citizens
- We should expand social security by raising the ceiling on taxable income
- People are living longer so sacrifices will have to be made
Choose a president whose policies coincide most with yours:
- Bill Clinton
- George W. Bush
- Ronald Reagan
- Franklin Delano Roosevelt
- Dwight D. Eisenhower
Choose a program whose budget you would cut:
- Defense spending
- Farm Subsidies
Do you believe the Electoral College is a flawed system?
- Yes, it needs to be abolished
- No, it balances the power of the Coasts
- It should stay, but needs to be reviewed
Do you believe professors at most US colleges have a political bias?
- They definitely swing liberal, and it’s a problem
- The swing liberal, and it’s a blessing
- I don’t believe there is a bias
- Who cares? Students should think for themselves
How should senior citizen’s retirement be funded?
- Personal savings accounts
- Social Security benefits
- Full government funding
Which of the following hinders economic growth?
- Wall Street speculation
- National debt
- Entitlement programs
Your ideal president is toughest on…
- Environmental pollution
- Wealth inequality
Do you believe we should have a higher standard for immigrants we let into the country?
- We should halt immigration for awhile
- The tests should be more rigorous
- Our vetting process is tough enough
- We should let in anybody who wants to come
Are refugees from the Middle East a potential threat?
- Their culture is at odds with ours
- Perhaps - we need strong vetting
- Refugees are human beings no matter where they're from
Which of the following energy sources should we focus our efforts on?
- Natural Gas
Do you think prices for goods and services should be regulated by the government?
- Healthcare prices need regulation
- Free-market capitalism is best for the economy
- Businesses should be allowed to charge whatever they want
- Goods and services must be regulated - corporations are greedy
Would a single-payer healthcare system benefit the majority of Americans?
- No opinion
What is the appropriate tax-rate?
- 15% across the board
- 25% across the board
- 33%, or about the same as now
- 33% and up for the wealthy, less for the poor
Do you believe corporations should have the same legal rights as people?
- Yes, businesses at their core are just people
- No, people are people
- Corporations have too many legal loopholes in their favor
How can the government best serve the poor and working classes?
- Social programs which provide a safety net
- Invest in public education
- Invest in infrastructure
- Lower tax-rates to encourage job growth
Do you believe the “filibuster” is good for government?
- It provides a necessary check and balance
- It benefits the minority, however annoying it is
- It should be abolished
- It all depends on who is in power
Do you think privatized prisons are good for America?
- If they help deter crime, then yes
- All private industry is good for America
- Prisons should be run by the state
- For-profit prisons are too easily corrupted
Should employers be required to cover birth control for employees insurance plans?
- Absolutely! This is a women’s health issue
- That should be up to the woman, not the employer
- Employers shouldn’t pay for any health care coverage
Who is your favorite Supreme Court Justice?
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg
- Clarence Thomas
- John Roberts
- Samuel Alito
The government’s #1 priority should be…
- Staying out of people’s business
- Providing a safety-net and support for its citizens
- Keeping the nation safe
- Keeping the economy strong