How Conservative/Liberal Are You?
Should the minimum wage be raised to $15/hr nationwide?
- A higher minimum wage would only raise the price of everything
- The US should abolish the minimum wage system altogether
- Low-wage workers deserve higher pay, but I don't know about $15
- If wages reflected inflation, the current minimum wage would be well over $15
Do you believe a low tax rate for corporations would help the economy?
- If corporations were taxed at a lower rate, they will create jobs and pay their employees more.
- I think higher taxes probably impedes job growth
- Trickle-down economics is a fallacy designed to make the rich richer
- I think there are arguments to be made for both sides
Should the US maintain its current level of defense spending?
- We need to remove ourselves from armed conflict altogether
- We should increase defense spending
- We should cut our defense budget
- We should limit defense spending but still maintain a strong military
How do you think the US should deal with immigration?
- Grant amnesty to all undocumented immigrants
- Deport all 11 million illegal immigrants, build a wall along the Mexican border
- We need comprehensive reforms, starting with the DREAM Act and a path to citizenship
- We should deport illegal immigrants and establish a guest-worker program
Should the US government provide tuition-free public universities and healthcare for all?
- The US can not afford to provide such privileges
- Obamacare is a step in the right direction, but I don't know about free everything
- Healthcare and college should be completely private enterprises
- Education and health care are basic human rights
Does the 2nd Amendment need to be reviewed and/or revised?
- No, I believe in absolute gun ownership
- I believe in stricter background checks, but that's about it
- Handguns and hunting rifles are fine, but let's get rid of assault weapons
- The 2nd Amendment should be repealed
Do you believe the government should take a larger role in providing a support system for those in need?
- Expanding welfare, jobs programs, and access to education would be a good start
- The poor have to pull themselves out of poverty through hard work
- Welfare encourages unemployment, and all social programs should be cut
- I think things are fine the way they are now
- The government should provide a minimum basic income
How do you feel about workers' unions?
- All American workers should be unionized
- Some unions have too much power, others not so much
- Unions are bad for the economy, obstruct growth, and should be dismantled
- Workers' unions are the anchor of the middle class
Should we encourage Congress to close Social Security loopholes, and shrink the size of the system?
- The system is unsustainable, and needs to be fixed
- It is not the government's responsibility to ensure retirement for its citizens
- We should expand social security by raising the ceiling on taxable income
- People are living longer so sacrifices will have to be made
Choose a president whose policies coincide most with yours:
- Bill Clinton
- George W. Bush
- Ronald Reagan
- Franklin Delano Roosevelt
- Dwight D. Eisenhower
Choose a program whose budget you would cut:
- Defense spending
- Farm Subsidies
Do you believe the Electoral College is a flawed system?
- Yes, it needs to be abolished
- No, it balances the power of the Coasts
- It should stay, but needs to be reviewed
Do you believe professors at most US colleges have a political bias?
- They definitely swing liberal, and it’s a problem
- The swing liberal, and it’s a blessing
- I don’t believe there is a bias
- Who cares? Students should think for themselves
How should senior citizen’s retirement be funded?
- Personal savings accounts
- Social Security benefits
- Full government funding
Which of the following hinders economic growth?
- Wall Street speculation
- National debt
- Entitlement programs
Your ideal president is toughest on…
- Environmental pollution
- Wealth inequality
Do you believe we should have a higher standard for immigrants we let into the country?
- We should halt immigration for awhile
- The tests should be more rigorous
- Our vetting process is tough enough
- We should let in anybody who wants to come
Are refugees from the Middle East a potential threat?
- Their culture is at odds with ours
- Perhaps - we need strong vetting
- Refugees are human beings no matter where they're from
Which of the following energy sources should we focus our efforts on?
- Natural Gas
Do you think prices for goods and services should be regulated by the government?
- Healthcare prices need regulation
- Free-market capitalism is best for the economy
- Businesses should be allowed to charge whatever they want
- Goods and services must be regulated - corporations are greedy
Would a single-payer healthcare system benefit the majority of Americans?
- No opinion
What is the appropriate tax-rate?
- 15% across the board
- 25% across the board
- 33%, or about the same as now
- 33% and up for the wealthy, less for the poor
Do you believe corporations should have the same legal rights as people?
- Yes, businesses at their core are just people
- No, people are people
- Corporations have too many legal loopholes in their favor
How can the government best serve the poor and working classes?
- Social programs which provide a safety net
- Invest in public education
- Invest in infrastructure
- Lower tax-rates to encourage job growth
Do you believe the “filibuster” is good for government?
- It provides a necessary check and balance
- It benefits the minority, however annoying it is
- It should be abolished
- It all depends on who is in power
Do you think privatized prisons are good for America?
- If they help deter crime, then yes
- All private industry is good for America
- Prisons should be run by the state
- For-profit prisons are too easily corrupted
Should employers be required to cover birth control for employees insurance plans?
- Absolutely! This is a women’s health issue
- That should be up to the woman, not the employer
- Employers shouldn’t pay for any health care coverage
Who is your favorite Supreme Court Justice?
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg
- Clarence Thomas
- John Roberts
- Samuel Alito
The government’s #1 priority should be…
- Staying out of people’s business
- Providing a safety-net and support for its citizens
- Keeping the nation safe
- Keeping the economy strong
Get new quizzes every day. Like us on Facebook!
Political Spectrum Quiz
Liberal conservatism incorporates the classical liberal view of minimal government intervention in the economy, according to which individuals should be free to participate in the market and generate wealth without government interference. However, liberal conservatism also holds that individuals cannot be thoroughly depended on to act responsibly in other spheres of life, therefore liberal conservatives believe that a strong state is necessary to ensure law and order and social institutions are needed to nurture a sense of duty and responsibility to the nation.