How Charitable Are You?
A family member has run into some financial distress and needs a bail-out. You have the spare money on hand. What do you do?
- Give, but make sure I get paid back
- Give, and don't expect anything in return, it simply is rewarding to help another human being
- Let 'em rot
What if it is a friend of a friend who is in financial distress? Would you be willing to help?
- Friend of a friend? Yeesh. No way.
- I'd consider it, but it'd take some convincing
- A friend of a friend is just as good as a friend. I'd give.
Whoa! You just won the lottery. Gobs of money! More than you and your family could ever possibly need. Where does the extra go?
- Stocks. Houses. Yachts. Etc...
- Okay... Okay... I might part with a little bit of cash to help make a difference in the world.
- Obviously, I'd need to become a professional philanthropist!
Have you ever donated to a charity before?
- No, never
Have you ever voluntarily performed community service?
- Yes, all the time
- Yes, I've done it before
You spot a lonely puppy on the side of the road with no owner in sight and no tags either. Probably abandoned or lost. What happens next?
- I keep on walking, whistling a tune
- I keep on walking, but feel pretty guilty
- I find a new home for it, possibly my own!
Have you ever participated in a food drive?
- I think I was forced to once in school
- Yes, of course I have!
- Not my style
Do you feel good when you help other people?
- I wouldn't know... I don't help other people
- Not particularly
- Yeah, I suppose it feels pretty good
- It's one of the best feelings in the world
Which of the following charity organizations is devoted to the fight against Parkinson's?
- American Parkinson Disease Association
- Project HOPE
True or False: Non-profit organizations such as the American Parkinson Disease Association could not exist without the support of ordinary people like you.