How Spoiled Are You?
Let’s talk about childhood first: Did you live in a “chores optional” home?
- Yes and I opted out!
- I did chores, but not many
- Hah... the only option was to work my butt off!
Did your bad deeds often go unpunished?
- I got away with murder... it's true!
- My parents went a little easy on me...
- No way... I suffered heart-wrenching consequences!
- What bad deeds? I was an angel!
Do you ever cook your own meals?
- It's a basic skill that I am proud to put to use!
- Not if I don't have to...
- Eating out is much simpler
Are there any “toys” that you really want right now, but can't have?
- Best part of being an adult? Not ever having to wait!
- A few... but patience is a virtue!
- I'm not much into owning stuff I don't really need
You are having friends over for drinks and hear a glass break in the kitchen. Your reaction?
- I rush to make sure everyone is okay, and clean it up myself!
- I heave a sigh and head over to help clean it up
- I shout out some helpful encouragement from the other room
- Huh? Not my problem!
When you hear the word “no”, your first reaction is generally:
- To ask again, only louder
- To begin negotiations...
- To accept it and move on...
What’s the best way to get you to do something you don’t want to do?
- Explain why it needs to be done
- Show me how it will help you
- I like bribes... those are nice!
Impulse control: Do you have it? (Be honest!)
- Absolutely: I am master of my domain!
- I am pretty good at controlling myself
- Not a strong point...
- No... I do not. But that's what makes life fun!