Only True Fans Can Complete This Harry Potter Quiz!
What is the first name of the Deputy Headmistress of Hogwarts?
Who was the Half-Blood Prince?
- Alastor Moody
- Argus Filch
- Severus Snape
Dumbledore is an old English word for what?
- A person who rambles
There really is a 9 3/4 platform in London. Which station can tourists find the platform at?
- King's Cross
- New Southgate
Which of the following actors was considered to play the role of Harry Potter instead of Daniel Radcliffe?
- Haley Joel Osment
- Justin Timberlake
- Sean Astin
In what year was the first Harry Potter book published?
Which of the following cities is home to one of the Universal Studios Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park attractions?
- Orlando, Florida
- Paris, France
- London, England
How many times did Emma Watson audition before landing the role of Hermione Granger?
How many languages have the Harry Potter books been translated into?
Why was King's Cross chosen as the gateway to Hogwarts?
- It's where J.K. Rowling boarded the train for work every day
- It's where J.K. Rowling's parents met
- It's where J.K. Rowling got the inspiration to write the books
What would a muggle see if he or she accidentally stumbled upon Hogwarts?
- An abandoned castle
- An empty field
- An old train station
What to the Dementors represent?
Before the Harry Potter books, what was the last children's book to appear on the New York Times bestseller list?
- Charlotte's Web
- The Goosebumps Series
- Sweet Valley High Series
Author J.K. Rowling shares a birthday with which character from the books?
- Ron Weasley
- Hermione Granger
- Harry Potter
Which publisher decided to give Rowling's magical books a chance?
- Simon & Schuster
When Rowling took an online hat sorting quiz, which house did she get assigned to?
Even Draco Malfoy's name invites mistrust. What is Draco mean in ancient Greek?
What are the name of Draco Malfoy's two henchmen/friends?
- Vincent Crabbe and Gregory Goyle
- Geoffrey Hooper and Cormac McLaggen
- Euan Abercrombie and Jimmy Peakes
Which director did J.K. Rowling want to direct the Harry Potter movies?
- Christopher Guest
- Terry Gilliam
- Guy Ritchie
The actress who played Moaning Myrtle was one of the oldest people to play a Hogwarts student. By the time Chamber of Secrets was being filmed, she was this old:
During the filming for Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, the cast had this problem (which required the studio to hire nurses):
- Outbreak of the flue
- Lice infestation
- Outbreak of measles
Which of the following actors did J.K. Rowling want to play Severus Snape?
- Tim Roth
- Ewan McGregor
- Alan Rickman
Where did the inspiration for Sirius Black's tattoos come from?
- American motorcycle gangs
- 1980s punk rock bands
- Russian prison gangs
The Harry Potter books have made the American Library Association's list of most frequently challenged books. What is one of the reasons that parents suggest the books are inappropriate for children?
- They believed that the books promoted witchcraft
- They believed the books promoted communism
- They believed the books promoted drug use
Unlike some other religious groups and leaders, Pope John Paul II had a more positive view of the books. What did he say Harry Potter helped children do?
- Denounce witchcraft
- Learn British history
- Tell the difference between good and evil
The death of which person greatly influenced the Harry Potter books' themes and storylines?
- J.K. Rowling's husband
- J.K. Rowling's aunt
- J.K. Rowling's mother
What is the name of the famous jelly bean brand from the Harry Potter series?
- Benny's Beans
- Bertie Bott's
- Belly Jelly
On the day that Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban was released in Great Britain, the publisher asked booksellers not to do what?
- Sell the books until school let out for the day
- Sell the books to children without a parent present
- C. Sell the books to children who could not answer a Harry Potter trivia question correctly
What does 'Expecto Patronum' mean in Latin?
- I am your father
- I await a guardian
- I am the chosen one
What were Dobby's first and last words?
- Harry Potter
- He who must not be named
Rupert Grint sent in a video to audition for the Harry Potter films. What was one of the things he did in the video to win over the casting team?
- He performed a rap
- He read all of Harry Potter's lines backwards
- He recited a monologue from MacBeth
Which actress missed out on a chance to appear in the Harry Potter films because her agent passed on the role without telling her?
- Kate Winslet
- Claire Danes
- Gillian Anderson
J.K. Rowling has become one of the richest authors in the world, but she's also very generous with her money. Which of the following causes has she contributed to over the years in tribute to her mother?
- Multiple sclerosis
Why did Tom Felton have the pockets in his Hogwarts robes sewn shut?
- He kept hiding pages of the script in them
- He used them to sneak food onto the set
- He kept his pet frog in them
Harry Potter's grandfather's name is based on which heavenly body?
- The Dog Star
- Orion's Belt
Why did J.K. Rowling use initials instead of her full first name for her books?
- She thought J.K. sounded more British
- She thought young boys might not want to read a book written by a woman
- She thought it made it easier to separate herself from the books if they weren't successful
Though he was interested in acting from an early age and his mother was a casting agent, Daniel Radcliffe didn't seek out an audition for Harry Potter. How was he discovered?
- He was spotted while attending a play with his parents
- He was discovered at a local grocery store
- He was discovered at his elementary school's class play
J.K. Rowling was asked to write a Christmas special for which show? (She declined the offer)
- Doctor Who
- Downton Abbey
- Call the Midwife
The name for the Howarts school came from which of the following?
- A plant Rowling saw in the Kew Gardens in NYC
- A street sign she saw in Stratfordshire
- The last name of a best friend from university
Tom Felton auditioned for the role of Draco Malfoy and which other character?
- Harry Potter
- Severus Snape
- Ron Weasley
Get new quizzes every day. Like us on Facebook!
True Harry Potter Quiz
Harry Potter is a series of fantasy novels written by British author J. K. Rowling. The novels chronicle the lives of a young wizard, Harry Potter, and his friends Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley, all of whom are students at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry