Only True American Patriots Can Get 100% On This Politics Quiz!
Who is next in line for the presidency should something happen to both the president and vice president?
- President Pro Temp
- Speaker of the House
- The Chief Justice of the Supreme Court
The Supreme Court represents the highest court in the country. How long do Supreme Court Justices serve?
- 10 years
- 25 years
- Life terms
Which constitutional amendment protects people from cruel and unusual punishment and excessive fines or bail amounts?
- 2nd amendment
- 4th amendment
- 8th amendment
What vote is needed to override a presidential veto?
- A Simple majority in the House
- A 2/3 vote in the Senate
- A 2/3 vote in the House and Senate
The 5th amendment prohibits anyone from being compelled to do what?
- Provide quarter to soldiers during peacetime
- Confront his or her accusers in court
Habeas Corpus protects citizens against unlawful imprisonment, but there are circumstances by which this can be suspended. Which of the following presidents suspended habeas corpus in the interests of national security?
- Abraham Lincoln
- Richard Nixon
- George W. Bush
What are the three branches of government?
- Executive, Legislative, and Military
- Judicial, Military, and Executive
- Judicial, Executive and Legislative
How many senators does each state get?
- 2 senators
- 4 senators
- 6 senators
Who is the Commander in Chief of the U.S. military?
- The vice president
- The secretary of state
- The president
What does the system of checks and balances prevent?
- The president from writing legislation
- Congress from voting during holidays
- Any branch of the government from having too much power
Which constitutional amendment gave women the right to vote?
Which of the following is a states' right?
- Create treaties
- Print money
- Building new roads and bridges
Which of the following is required of United States citizens?
- Serve on a jury
- Sign up for mandatory military service
- Provide shelter for a solider during peacetime
How old do you have to be to run for president?
Which body comes together after the presidential election to cast their votes for president?
- Continental Congress
- Electoral College
- House of Representatives
What does the 24th amendment prohibit?
- The revocation of voting rights due to not paying a poll tax
- Presidents from serving more than two terms
- The sale and consumption of alcohol
Which branch of the government enacts laws?
What is one reason the colonists left England?
- Religious freedom
- Access to better education
- To start a new country
What were the participants in the Boston Tea Party protesting against?
- The Great Tea Shortage of 1775
- Taxation without representation
- The election of George Washington
Which of the following people did NOT write the Declaration of Independence?
- Thomas Jefferson
- Roger Sherman
- William Henry Harrison