How Democrat/Republican Are You?
Do you believe a higher tax rate for the wealthiest 1% would strengthen the economy?
- The top 1% need to pay MUCH more in taxes
- The rich should pay LESS taxes so they can create more jobs
- Both rich and the poor should all pay 15% across the board
- We cannot afford to do anything drastic; a small increase is fine
Where do you stand on the Supreme Court's ruling to legalize same-sex marriage at the federal level?
- The decision should be overturned!
- I fully support the ruling!
- I disagree with the decision but still support the ruling
If elected President, would you advocate raising the minimum wage to $15/hr nationwide?
- $15/hr is way too high; these are supposed to be entry-level jobs for teenagers
- $15/hr is only realistic in major cities... I say $12/hr
- $15/hr is barely scraping the surface! We need major change NOW!
- We should abolish the minimum wage
Do we need to maintain our current levels of military spending in order to protect the nation?
- The security of our nation is our chief concern. Whatever it costs!
- We should cut spending and take a backseat role in foreign affairs
- We should eliminate waste, but we cannot relax our presence overseas
- We should radically reduce military spending
How would you approach the issue of border security and the USA's swelling illegal immigrant population?
- Deport all illegal immigrants
- Allow amnesty for illegals in good standing
- Tighten security, but no mass-deportations
- We need to work towards a path to citizenship, but only for those who work hard and prove themselves
- If you break the law by entering the country, you should be kicked out
In order to balance the budget, what programs would you cut?
- Military budget
- Environmental Protection Agency
- I would increase taxes to raise money
Would you support a constitutional amendment banning abortion at the federal level?
- I support a woman's right to choose
- I believe abortion should be against the law
- The decision is none of the federal government's business
Do you believe the government has any authority to regulate gun manufacturing and ownership?
- The government has no right to infringe upon the constitution
- I'm OK with guns, but not open-carry
- The 2nd amendment needs to be reviewed
- We should close gun show loopholes and ban assault weapons
As president, what steps would you take to help to reduce crime in poverty-stricken communities?
- Invest in education
- Heightened police presence
- Decriminalize drug possession
- Cut welfare and entitlement perks
What is the biggest threat facing the nation today?
- Climate change
- Illegal immigration
- ISIS and global terrorism
- Wealth inequality
- Civil rights
Do you think a travel ban from Muslim-majority countries is necessary to keep the nation safe?
- I don’t like it, but it’s necessary
- Keep the ban until we figure out what’s going on
- It’s unconstitutional
- The travel ban is making us LESS safe
Would a wall along the US-Mexico border also help?
- No change
In your opinion, which of the following is a reliable source of news?
- NY Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Fox News
Who is your political hero of the past?
- Andrew Jackson
- Bill Clinton
- Ronald Reagan
What should the new Republican administration do about Obamacare?
- Repeal first, then replace
- Replace first, then repeal
- Keep it
- Increase funding
How do we bring jobs back to the USA?
- De-regulate the private sector
- Tax corporations for taking jobs overseas
- Invest in infrastructure/education
- Re-train workers
Choose a city to hold your next Party Fundraiser:
- San Diego
Do you think those with mental illnesses should be allowed to purchase firearms?
- It is EVERY American’s right
- No, that's insane
- No opinion
Do workers’ unions strengthen the middle class, or hinder job growth?
- Unions are the backbone of the middle class
- Unions needs to be monitored
- Unions promote laziness
If appointed Secretary of Education, would you repeal Affirmative Action?
- No, it’s necessary to promote equality
- Yes, it’s a form of racism
- I’m not sure, that’s a tricky subject
Which current politician’s views most align with your own?
- Mike Pence
- Bernie Sanders
- Cory Booker
- Mitch McConnell
How do you feel about Climate Change?
- It’s the most important issue of our times
- It’s over-hyped
- It’s a hoax
Should corporations face tax penalties for moving jobs overseas?
- No, globalization is good for the world
- No, that is Un-American
- Only if they hurt American Workers
How does your political party try to win elections?
- Promising to cut taxes
- Low voter turnout
- Engaging millennials and first-time voters
- Non-stop fundraising
Choose a subset of the electorate whom you believe is being persecuted:
- Working-class whites
- Women, LGBTQ, and POC
- Conservative Christians
- The mentally ill
If elected to congress, would you push for a large infrastructure bill?
How should the US Government engage foreign leaders and diplomats?
- Ignore them - time to worry about AMERICA
- Shoot first, ask questions later
- Show respect, speak softly
Of the following countries, who do you believe is our strongest ally?
- Great Britain
If you had to vote 3rd party, whom would you align yourself with?
- American Independent Party
- Libertarian Party
- Green Party
- Working Families Party
Who do you believe is the rightful heir to Antonin Scalia’s Supreme Court Seat?
- Neil Gorsuch
- Merrick Garland
Get new quizzes every day. Like us on Facebook!
Democrats vs Republicans
Democrats are sometimes referred to as "the Party of the People," attracting immigrants, blue-collar workers, women, and minorities. Democrats tend to take a more liberal stand on important issues. They believe that the federal government should take a more active role in people's lives, particularly those who are in need. In general, Republicans tend to take a more conservative stand on issues. They believe that the federal government should not play a big role in people's lives. Most Republicans favor lower taxes and less government spending on social programs. They believe in less government intervention in business and the economy.