How Irish Are You?
It is Sunday morning and you are...?
- Getting some turf for the fire
- Having a lie on, I only go to Mass on Christmas
- Sleeping in
- Getting ready for church
Your eldest son has just brought a girl home for the first time, what do you do?
- Introduce myself and stay out of the way for the rest of the evening
- Wedge myself between the two of them and make her look at old photos all night
- Make a fancy dinner and apologize that "it's nothing fancy"
- Ask when they're planning to get married
Your elderly neighbor just passed away, what do you do?
- Respect the family's privacy and mind my own business
- Arrive at the house to pay my respects and hope I get offered a cup of tea
- Watch as mourners come and go from the house
- Tell my friends about how the aul on next door died
You meet an American who asks if you want to go for a drink, what do you do?
- Tell them not all Irish people are drunks, then ask if they're paying
- Accept the offer and happily go to my favorite pub to show off my new friend
- Correct them that it is a "pint," not a "point"
- Politely decline as I have work in the morning
You want to see a movie tonight, where do you go?
- Online where I can watch for free
- To the guy up the road who sells pirated movies out of his van
- Stay at home and hope RTE is having something good on
- To the movie theater
A friend asks you to go to a football match, what do you expect to see?
- Packers vs Broncos
- Manchester United vs Chelsea
- Manchester United vs Chelsea, but I'll pretend to be shocked when I learn we're not going to see Kerry vs Dublin
- Kerry vs Dublin
You pass your local priest on the street, how do you act?
- Smile awkwardly and hope he doesn't remember the stuff I told him in confession
- Say hello and carry on
- Wish I could ignore him, but know I would be too full of Catholic guilt
- Ignore him and feel no guilt
You have your iPod on shuffle and a U2 song comes on, what do you do?
- I don't have U2 on my iPod, I have The Pogues
- Listen and sing along
- Change it as soon as Bono starts to sing
- Listen and play it again
The government has recently introduced water charges, how do you react?
- Start putting buckets out to collect rain water
- Pay the bill without a fuss
- Switch to whisky
What's the best way to spend a Saturday?
- Watching the Notre Dame game
- Anything with family