Only People Raised In An Irish-Catholic Family Will Get 100% On This Quiz!
Wakes before family funerals always took place where?
- At the cemetery
- At the funeral home
- At the home of one of your relatives
What is the next line in this song? But come ye back when summer's in the meadow:
- The summer's gone, and all the roses falling
- Or when the valley's hushed and white with snow
- But if you come and all the flower's dying
You prayed to Saint Anthony whenever you:
- Lost something
- Needed help with a test
- Forgot to go to mass
Your mom probably served colcannon at Sunday dinner every week. What was it made of?
- Mashed potatoes and cabbage
- Mashed potatoes and carrots
- Mashed potatoes and ham
If your mother told you that you were "acting the maggot", it really meant that you were:
- Acting foolishly
- Being forgetful
- Telling bad jokes
Your older brothers and sisters might have said they were, "only taking the Mickey" out of you. What were they really doing?
- Beating you up
- Tattling on you
- Teasing you
During Lent, you spent your Friday nights at:
- The local Catholic church's fish fry
- A special Friday Lenten mass
- Going to confession
What does "slainte" mean?
- Good health
- Bottom's up
- Raise a glass
When someone asks you to have a pint, they always mean to have a what?
What was the cure your mother always had for an upset stomach?
- Flat 7-Up
- A raw potato
- A shot of whiskey
Your mother's recipe for Irish soda bread included which of the following ingredients?
Your living room (or kitchen) had which two pictures hanging on the wall?
- The Pope and JFK
- The Pope and Saint Patrick
- Saint Patrick and JFK
What is Saint Patrick credited with doing?
- Driving the snakes out of Ireland
- Staging a battle against England
- Forming the first version of the Irish Republican Army
How many days are there during Lent?
How many sips of holy water should you drink on Easter Sunday for good luck?
What feast day is observed on December 8 every year?
- Feast of the Immaculate Conception
- Feast of the Epiphany
- Feast of the Baptism of the Lord
Why might a loaf of Barmbrack break your teeth on Halloween?
- It's served 5 days stale
- It has a coin or ring baked inside
- It's exceptionally tough
What came along with the congratulations cards at your first communion?
- Rosary beads
You had a horse shoe on your door for what reason?
- To bring good luck to the house
- To ward off evil spirits
- To cast away the four horsemen
What do the three leaves on a shamrock represent?
- Love, liberty, and laughter
- The Holy Trinity
- Ireland, Northern Ireland, and England