How Normcore Are You?
Who would you say is your fashion inspiration?
- Gwyneth Paltrow
- Steve Jobs
- Calvin Klein
The original creator of the Normcore concept was...?
- A writer for New York Magazine
- The branding company K-HOLE
- Jerry Seinfeld
- Rachel Zoe
Normcore as a fashion statement is:
- Laziness and lacking the funds to actually be fashionable
- A backlash against haute couture
- So unfashionable that it's uber-fashionable
What is Normcore's true philosophy?
- Like 'nerdcore' but without the ironic glasses
- Fashion is meant only for the rich and elitist
- Actually it's a big idea - with a fashion concept of "Acting Basic" being only part of it
- To be ordinary and look like you just don't care
If you're out and about sporting Normcore fashion, what would your footwear look like?
- Sensible shoes from Walmart
- None at all - let your toes hang out (no pedicure if you're a chick)
- Adidas shower flip flops paired with white athletic socks
- Vintage Air Jordon kicks
If you're truly Normcore, and someone asks you to go hang-gliding in a neoprene suit, what would you say?
- "Dude I've got my own super-hi tech neoprene suit, BRB!"
- Shriek "Are you out of your mind?! Neoprene?!" while backing away slowly.
- "Sure thing!" and roll with it.
- "Can I wear my Tevas?"
You're reading a fashion magazine such as Vogue or WWD and it's current feature is Normcore. What's your reaction?
- What happened at the photo shoot? Did everyone come down with the flu?
- How nice! They’ve caught up with a 3-year-old trend.
- (Sigh) Oh, you sad fashion editors! You’re doing it all wrong.
- I knew Birkenstocks would come back in fashion! Hopefully I can find mine!
How would you describe your typical look?
- Simple elegance from modern designers
- What's on sale at overstock.com
- Utilitarian and comfortable
- A blank canvas. That je ne sais quoi of fitting in anywhere
If you're a hardcore Normcore aficionado, what type of person would you relate to the most?
- A man wearing a 'These colors don’t bleed' t-shirt
- Your grandpa wearing a fleece pullover and mom jeans
- A hipster wearing artfully shabby 90s grunge attire
- The truly cutting-edge fasionistas that have thrown over-the-top fashion trends out the window, at least for the next week or so
Where might you feel most at home?
- At a Jack Johnson concert
- With anyone, anywhere - you're adaptable
- Cruising the racks of minimalast and anonymous-looking clothing designed by Jil Sander and The Row
- Hanging out on the couch drinking PBR