How Useful Are You In An Emergency?
First off, how worried are you about emergencies?
- Bad things will happen — I'm more worried about being caught unprepared
- I try not to think about it
- Not worried — I always land on my feet
- I am constantly terrified of everything
You're walking into your office, and see a man running toward you and screaming to call 9-1-1. You...
- Call 9-1-1
- Run to see if anyone needs help
- Start screaming and run away!
- Ask him what the emergency is, then decide
Can you lift a person your size?
- Yeah, I got this!
- Yeah, and someone much bigger, too
- I can't even lift myself
- No, but I can take care of myself
Lifesaving is mostly...
- Keeping composure
Your friend falls off her bicycle and is moaning in pain on the ground. You...
- Pick her up and carry her to safety
- Tell her not to move, go check on her, and then call for help
- Keep on biking, first one to the finish line wins!
You're in a crowded theater, and someone shouts "Fire!" What do you do in response?
- Move quickly but calmly out of the theater
- Try to find out if there really is a fire and then call 9-1-1
- Keep watching the movie; hey I paid a lot of money to see this in 3D!
- Shout it again to spread the word
You're swimming at the beach, and start feeling a tide dragging you out to sea. What do you do?
- Roll with it, and see where it takes me
- Swim as hard as I can to break free
- Swim sideways to the current until I'm free
- Yell to the other swimmers nearby "watch out, there's a riptide!"
When you see someone trip and fall on a city street, you're thinking...
- About how many hits on YouTube I'm going to get as I record it
- Somebody should really do something about that
- Whether I need to do anything
- I'm not thinking; I immediately take action