Do You Practice Proper Etiquette?
When presented with too many forks at once, which do you use first?
- The one farthest from the plate
- A spoon, I'm a rebel
- I look to see what other people are doing
- What the heck, I'll use my hands
If you're invited to a party that requires an RSVP, when do you do it?
- As soon as possible
- At least the night before
- They know I'm coming
- I have a fear of commitment
Which of the following is NOT an acceptable use of the phrase "excuse me?"
- I made an iffy noise and can't pin it on someone else
- I'm trapped behind someone and need to get past them
- I wish to interrupt someone
- I need to leave before others who are still seated
How do you ask for money for your wedding?
- Put it on my gift registry
- Put it on the invitation
- Ask for it in person
- Let my parents suggest it
When is it appropriate to hug rather than shake hands?
- When I'm momentarily overwhelmed with love for the individual in question (the mailman, prospective employer, whomever)
- When I'm a political candidate
- When they're a family member, however distant or not blood related
- When the individual in question is hot
You're in a rush but see a stranger on the street who needs help loading their car. What would be an appropriate question to ask?
- What time is it?
- How may I help?
- What's the weather like?
- How are you doing today?
What does "plus one" mean?
- I can bring my kid and do not have to pay for a sitter
- I am doing simple math
- I may invite an adult guest
- I can bring a couple friends - open bar, woohoo!
What is the appropriate sequence when you sneeze?
- Use a kleenex, then say excuse me, then throw away the kleenex
- Use a kleenex, throw it away, then come back and say excuse me
- Wipe my nose, then continue blowing it just in case
- Throw away the kleenex, then sneeze
When you're going to be a house guest, which of the following do you normally NOT need to bring?
- My own toothbrush
- My own towel
- A night gown or pjs
- A gift for my host
Where is it acceptable to bring an infant?
- A movie theater
- A fine dining establishment
- An auction
- The grocery store