How Long Would You Last On Mars?
Would you sign up to go to Mars? Wait! Before you answer, think about it for a second. Would you REALLY sign up to go to Mars?
- Upon further reflection, #$%@ no!
- In a heartbeat!
- Yes, but I’d have to put it to a family vote
- Only if NASA erased my student loan debt
Hey, there’s water on Mars, but it’s salty and a whole lotta nasty! How would you make it work for you?
- I’d boil out the salt and condense the steam into clean water, duh!
- I’d rub it on my face. Even on Mars a glowing complexion matters!
- I’d use it to recharge the ship’s batteries. It's really not as hard as it sounds.
- I’d use it to cool the ship’s generators
How attached are you to always being connected (your phone, social media, and the interwebs)?
- It's important to me, but my phone isn't attached to my ear or anything
- I’d rather swallow a panda than Tweet!
- It's more of a love-hate thing
- I'm incapable of unfriending my connectivity
Green thumb or black thumb?
- Green; I can grow tiny squash in a gnome’s hat if I have to
- Black; I can’t even grow mold in my toilet
If things went suddenly and catastrophically wrong on Mars – as they often do on empty, inhospitable planets – how would you deal with the situation?
- I would weep openly and hope my tears grow answers
- I'd contact Mission Control for help and then formulate a well-thought-out plan
- No time for overthinking, this requires immediate action
- Let's just say it involves copious amounts of duct tape
This may be a bit personal, but have you ever spent an extended amount of time in bed… in your underwear… eating junk food… watching cartoons?
- Yeah... not so much
- I plead the Fifth
- Minus the cartoons... mayyybe
- A few times a week, give or take. I mean, who doesn't, right?
What does “adventure” mean to you?
- Mars or bust! Too much? Probably too much...
- Experiencing the unknown
- Living “Mas” at Taco Bell
Mistakes will be made. It’s Mars and nobody is perfect. How do you handle failure when you’re NOT on Mars?
- I never stop fighting to succeed
- I accept it as a learning experience
- A little lip quiver, but I’m usually fine. Really... just fine
- Honestly? I think failure is subjective
How are you with your hands?
- I can build just about anything
- I'm all thumbs
- I built a birdhouse in 7th grade shop class. Does that count?
- Wait... what are we talking about here?
"Life On Mars" by David Bowie is too obvious. So, when you find yourself absolutely alone – no judgments – which of these would be your guilty pleasure “jam.”
- “I Want It That Way” by Backstreet Boys
- “Don’t Stop Believin’" by Journey
- “I Will Survive” by Gloria Gaynor
- “Call Me Maybe” by Carly Rae Jepsen
- “Never Gonna Give You Up” by Rick Astley