How Long Would You Last In Outer Space?
Countdown initiated. What's running through your mind?
- All of the beautiful things I will see from space!
- Seat belts!
- Oh dear god, please don't explode
- Quiet! I'm running calculations and pulling important levers!
Everyone is crawling into their pods for the long sleep. How are you preparing?
- Um... I'm not getting in that thing!
- Pacing around, thinking about my loved ones
- Making sure everyone is properly situated and the air craft is all clear
- Taking selfies with the equipment
How did you end up as an astronaut, anyway?
- University, hard work, and climbing the ladder
- I was military... until they decided to transfer me
- I paid my way onto a commercial space flight
- I padded my resume and lied through my teeth
You're out on a solo mission and have a lot of time to spare. How do you spend it?
- Writing home
- Reading a book. I have to entertain myself.
- Twiddling my thumbs or doodling. I didn't really plan so far ahead.
- Running data and lifting weights. I have to stay mentally and physically fit!
ALIENS!!!!!! AHH!! What do you do?
- Don't worry. I already set up a secondary pod for escape and we can detonate a bomb remotely.
- Hand me my space pistol
- Run away!
- ........Um........ What do I do?
You're exploring in space and your suit is malfunctioning! What are you most worried about?
- Exploding from lack of pressure
- Dying from the extreme temperatures
- My blood freezing
You're approaching a strange planet. Do you check it out?
- No thanks - I'm just going to stay here here and watch TV
- Yes, after planning the safest route
- Yeah, sure, why not? Sounds fun.
- Only if we're scheduled to go there. We have to stick to the mission.
You're exploring a new planet by yourself. What are you on the lookout for?
- New plants or animals
- Signs of atmospheric and natural anomalies
- ALIEN CIVILIZATIONS
You have to fix a busted pipe on board. How handy are you with a wrench?
- I have loads of experience
- What was that? I couldn't hear you over the sound of the potato chip bag...
- I'm no engineer, but I'll get the job done
- I'm very crafty, but rely heavily on duct tape and other unorthodox methods
There's something up ahead. You fear it may be a black hole. How can you identify it?
- The dinosaurs visible on the other side
- A strange odor
- A slight discoloration in the atmosphere
- A strong gravitational pull
- You can't because you can't see black holes!
Would you cut someone loose to save yourself?
- No! We have to stick together or we're all lost!
- In a heartbeat
- If they were useless, probably
- Only if I had a backup plan to save them