How Long Would You Survive In The Arctic?
A ski vacation that turned bad has left you trapped in the Arctic! Before you were stranded, you managed to grab...
- A knife
- A lighter
- A gun
- A pair of snowshoes
- A bag lunch with a few sandwiches
Hypothermia sets in when the body drops below...
- 32 F
- 70 F
- 80 F
- 95 F
- 98.6 F
You need a shelter from the elements. You...
- Create a makeshift hut from tree branches, etc.
- Dig a hole in the snow
- Make an igloo or snow hut
- Kill an animal and climb inside its carcass
You've come to a frozen lake and you need to cross. All things considered, what color ice is the safest to walk on?
Where you live, how often does it snow?
- Rarely to never
- Off and on during certain seasons
- Very often during certain seasons
- Almost year round
For water, you'll...
- Eat ice
- Eat snow
- Melt ice
- Melt snow
- Find a lake or river and break the ice
Avalanche! A wave of snow hits you and throws you down. As you're being pulled along, you...
- Cover my head with my arms
- Curl into a ball
- Swim through the snow
- Maneuver my way to the side of the avalanche
You're carried down by the fast-falling snow before eventually coming to a stop. What's the first thing you do?
- Yell for help
- Start digging my way out
- Create an air pocket in the snow
- Stay moving to keep my body warm
- Stop moving to conserve energy and oxygen
The ideal amount of clothing layers for below freezing temperatures is...
- As many as possible
There's a polar bear eyeing you up as a potential meal. As it comes closer, you...
- Lie down and play dead
- Make a lot of noise and try to scare it away
- It's so cute! Can I pet it?
- Remember that flare I grabbed in the first question? I bet that'll scare it off!