What a nice day for a sail! But your relaxation is quickly turned to panic when a massive storm hits. You have just enough time to deploy the life raft and...
- Send out a distress signal on the radio
- Grab a few things that might be useful
- Secure your valuables
- Try once more to save the boat
Well, that's it. It's just you, an inflatable raft, and ocean as far as the eye can see. What's the first thing you do?
- Go through the supplies and see what's there
- Let off a flare or two
- Yell for help
- Start planning a course of action
- Probably cry, to be honest
How good of a swimmer are you?
- Great; I could be, like, a dolphin or something
- Good; I'm no Michael Phelps, but I can hold my own
- Decent; I won't drown on the spot, but don't expect much
- Poor; I can doggy paddle and maybe tread water for a while
- Hopeless; I sink faster than a rock... a really heavy rock
Would you rather be stranded alone or with someone else?
- By myself; it's lonely, but my supplies and raft will be better off
- With a partner; there's strength in numbers, and the emotional support wouldn't hurt
- With someone else; I can always eat them later, if necessary
In a pinch, you'd drink...
- Salt water
How will you navigate your course?
- Using the stars or other natural signs
- I'm handy with a sextant
- Will my smartphone get reception?
- I'll just try to stay in a straight line
- I won't need to navigate; I'm staying put and waiting for help
What scares you the most about being stranded at sea?
- Starvation or dehydration
- Another storm
- Pirates, duh
Speaking of sharks, a few massive fins just started circling your raft. You...
- Keep calm and hope they leave
- Yell and move around to scare them
- Use one of my few remaining flares to chase them off
- Throw stuff at them
- Fight them; a shark steak sounds awfully good right now
Pick a movie:
- "Cast Away"
- "Life of Pi"
- "All Is Lost"
- "The Abyss"
- "The Perfect Storm"
You've already been at sea for a few days, when you come across a floating container. You're ecstatic when you find a....
- Jug of clean water
- Assortment of canned goods
- Map of the ocean and surrounding land masses
- A fishing rod, with tackle
- A box of flares