Keto Quiz: What Is the Keto Diet and What Can I Eat?
In essence, the keto diet is...
- High fat, high carb
- High fat, low carb
- High protein, low fat
- High protein, high carb
What is ketosis?
- The process where the body converts protein to muscle.
- The process where the body converts carbohydrates into fuel.
- The process where the body converts fat into fuel in the absence of carbohydrates.
- The process where the fasting body shuts down nonessential functions.
When doing keto, which of the following foods should you avoid?
- Most fruit
If doing keto, which food would be a good snack?
- French fries
Can you still do the keto diet if you exercise a lot?
- Of course.
- Nope, no way.
- Sure, but you might need to intake some carbs on training days, particularly if doing a high-intensity activity.
Which of these are symptoms you might experience if your body reaches ketosis?
- Bad breath
- Fuzzy thinking
- Increased thirst and urination
- All of the above
On the keto plan, you probably shouldn't add much ____ to your diet.
- Fat-free desserts
- Healthy fats such as avocados
- Dairy or eggs
How long should it take your body to reach a ketogenic state?
- Up to 24 hours
- 2 days to a week
- 2 weeks to a month
- A year
You should never "go keto" if...
- You have high blood pressure or heart disease
- You have liver, kidney, or pancreatic conditions or damage
- You have diabetes or are on any medication that affects insulin
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding
- All of the above
Get new quizzes every day. Like us on Facebook!
The keto diet has gained a lot of popularity in recent years with those who want to lose weight and increase energy. But what is the ketogenic diet? What does ketosis mean, and would this be a healthy choice for your body? This keto quiz will check your general knowledge of this low carb diet. Take it to learn if a keto diet is right for you, and if you're ready to start.