Monopoly Rules Quiz: How Well Do You Know the Rules of Monopoly?
Can you sell a utility you own to another player for any amount you would like to sell?
How many houses or hotels do you have to sell back to the bank for half price when mortgaging improved properties of the same color-group?
- Any number of them
- At least two of them
- All of them
- One from each property, minimum
The three ways a player can be sent directly to jail are: when a player lands on the "Go To Jail" space, they draw one of the Chest and Community Chest cards, or what other way?
- You cannot afford to pay rent
- Rolling doubles on three consecutive dice rolls
- As a penalty when a player sells the "Get Out of Jail Free" card to another player
- You run out of properties to sell to the other players
If a player mortgages a property, what are they supposed to do with the title deed card for that property?
- Place it face down in front of them
- Give it back to the bank
- Give it up to the highest bidder
- Place it under the Passing Go space until it can be purchased again
When a player lands on GO, as opposed to passing by it, how much money does the banker supposed to pay out?
In a short game, how many title deed cards does the banker hand out to each player, free of charge?
When landing on an unowned property, what happens when a player chooses not to pay the purchase price to buy the title deed to it?
- Nothing, it is the next player's turn.
- It goes up for auction and any other player can buy it.
- The banker chooses another player that may buy it.
- The player must move their playing piece back a selective number of spaces.
What happens if the banker runs out of money?
- The game ends.
- All players must donate 10% of their money through a luxury tax loophole.
- They use regular paper and create as much as needed.
- The game restarts.
Since a Monopoly board game only has 32 houses and 12 hotels, what happens if a player wants to build more houses but the bank is out of them?
- The banker keeps track of the extra purchases.
- The game ends in a tie.
- All purchasing of houses or hotels stop until one is sold.
- Every player must sell one house back to the bank.
What is the total number of money each player is given before the game begins?
Get new quizzes every day. Like us on Facebook!
The game rules of Monopoly are quite simple. Each player rolls a dice and, depending on where their game piece lands on the Monopoly board, can end up picking a Chance or Community Chest card, collect Free Parking, go to jail, buy the property they land on, or pay rent. Just make sure you do not roll doubles three times in a row, or you'll have to forfeit your next turn to sit in jail. You'll stay there until you can pay the $50 fine or roll another double. The only way to win is when a player owns so many houses and hotels on the game board that no other player can afford to pay rent.
Although it was invented in 1903, Monopoly was not sold on a broad scale until the Parker Brothers bought the rights to it and began marketing it in 1935. Over the next 85 years, Monopoly would go on to sell nearly 300 million copies, making it one of the most popular board games of all time.