What Type Of Boss Are You?
What was your first job?
- Retail or fast food
You've just hired new members to the team. How does the training process work?
- HR will make sure they are brought up to speed.
- We'll start out at the morning meeting and play it by ear.
- There isn't a training procedure in place.
What does your typical day look like?
- Putting out fires from the previous day.
- Rushing from one meeting to the next.
- Working through my "to do" list.
- Checking in with members of my team on their progress.
What is your must-have work accessory?
- Cell phone
- Day Planner
Every boss has his/her weaknesses. What's yours?
- I tend to have a one-track mind.
- I've been accused of being aloof.
- I have trouble making decisions.
- I don't maintain a healthy work/life balance.
What's your preferred work attire?
- Business casual
- Suits for the men and dresses for the ladies
- Jeans and a t-shirt
- Whatever is comfortable
When it comes to team bonding, where do you take your team?
- Happy hour
- Intramural sports
- Dinner at an expensive restaurant
- BBQ at my house
How many people are on your team?
- Not sure. I have a team?
- I work closely with two to three people who then delegate to twenty or more.
- More than 50
- Five to twenty, depending on the project.
What is your preferred method of contact with your team?
- Conference calls
- Instant messaging
What is the best aspect of your leadership style?
- Mutual respect