Which of These Mythological Creatures Are You?
Sometimes you have to slay the occasional real-world dragon--an evil bureaucrat, your boss, or the conniving spouse of a friend. Your preferred strategy is to...
- Get them drunk
- Outwit them
- Charm them
Which god from Norse mythology is your favorite?
- Frigg: Loving and betrayed--you relate.
- Loki: Who doesn't like a good trickster?
- Odin: He went on a quest to discover the mysteries of the universe.
- Freya: Sexiest of the pantheon.
You prefer the...
Which of these phobias most plagues you?
- Autophobia: the fear of being alone
- Glossophobia: the fear of public speaking
- Thaasophobia: the fear of being bored
- Phobophobia: the fear of irrational fears
You're on a hike, headed toward a three-pronged fork in the path. Down path one, you see a serpent. Path two shows a couple of shifty-looking characters up ahead. Path three could be safe, but the overgrown brush may also conceal both snakes and men. Which path do you take?
- One: A snake won't bother you unless you bother them first.
- Two: Define "shifty." You've known shady characters, and men in broad daylight don't scare you.
- Three: Because it looks new and fun.
- Where are you headed? How does this question even make sense without that knowledge?
Which would you rather be?
- A guardian of knowledge
- A reveler without responsibility
- A king or queen
- One of many in a tribe that gives you both the support and space that you need
Your pet is (or would be)...
- A dog
- An aquarium full of fish
- A cat
- A bird with a pretty song
If you discovered that you (or your partner) were going to have a baby girl, you'd probably name her...
- May (after your favorite month)
- Marilyn (after your favorite pop icon
- Marie (after Marie Curie)
- Daisy (short for Whoops-a-Daisy)
It's been said that the eyes are the windows to the soul. If that's true, you hope your windows are...
- So clear that birds crash into the glass
- Framed with sheer curtains
- Clear but difficult to find
You're on a game show, and you don't know the answer to a question. You're allowed one phone call, but no one you know would have the answer. Whose number do you call?
- A 1-900 (pay-per-call) number
- A random stranger. The odds of them picking up and knowing the answer are vanishingly small--but not zero
- Your mother's--just to say hello
- Your ex's--just to screw with their head
Get new quizzes every day. Like us on Facebook!
The mythological creatures of ancient Greek stories were designed to tempt men, test heroes, and create a bridge between our world and the world of the gods. Which one of the mythical creatures on our list are you? Are you a beast or a monster? A giant or a hybrid? Would you be horse-like or winged like the birds? Take this quiz to learn your mythical identity.