Which Grunge Band Are You?
Congrats! Sub-Pop Records wants to record an album. How are you going to produce it?
- Hire the best production team in the business
- Hire our friends to record it for us
- Do whatever our manager says will sell the most records
- Record our raw sound without any help
You're wearing flannel again? Yikes, how often do you wear that stuff?
- Every day
- Only for shows
- I wear what's fashionable
- I don't, I'm not a lumberjack
If the media had to choose one word to describe your sound, what would it be?
Ugh. It's raining again. What are you and the band going to do inside all day?
- Write songs, stay productive
- Write a political manifesto
- Drink beer, watch TV
- Call over some friends, throw a party
The press wants to interview you after a killer set. Are you going to brush them off?
- I don't like the media
- I have a party to get to
- I love talking about myself
- I'll do whatever pleases my fans
Where are you and the band going out to after the show?
- To get some grub at a local diner
- General crosstown debauchery
- I'm tired. I'm going home.
- Another concert! There's too much good music out there right now!
Wow! Tickets for your concert are selling like hotcakes. Are you going to jack up the prices?
- Supply and demand, baby!
- Let's raise them. I want to know how much I'm worth!
- Just a little - I want everybody to be able to afford my shows
- All my shows are free as a sign of protest
Who is your biggest musical influence?
- Led Zeppelin
- Black Sabbath
- The Pixies
- Blue Cheer
- Neil Young
There are so many posers nowadays, I can't tell. Are you authentic grunge, or just cashing in on the fad?
- Yes! Seattle born-and-raised
- I don't like labels. I just play good music.
- I wasn't the first to buy a flannel shirt, but I wear it pretty good, huh?
- I'm riding this grunge fad all the way home
How do you deal with the stress of living in the limelight?
- I don't, I'm very fragile
- I take it easy, relax, enjoy my time... life's great!
- I vent my frustrations with the government
- I let loose and party hard