Will You Keep Your New Year’s Resolutions?
How many New Year s resolutions do you have?
Who have you told about your New Year's resolutions?
- The voices in my head
- The friends and family that I count on to help with emotional support
- My diary
- My best friend
Your New Year's resolution is...
- Broad and open-ended. For example, losing weight
- Specific and open-ended. For example, practice the flute twice a week
- Broad and closed-ended. For example, make more money before a European vacation in May
- Specific and closed-ended. For example, lose ten pounds by next New Year
What inspired your New Year's resolutions?
- I was inspired by something I read on social media.
- They're related to important goals I know I can achieve with a little extra motivation.
- Every person at the New Year's Eve celebration had to come up with one and share it with people.
- My significant other/family/friends set me a list of goals.
In order to meet your goal, you need to...
- Learn a new set of skills and then apply them to a long-term project
- Change one big part of your way of life
- Learn how to become a fundamentally better person in all ways
- Use existing skills and ideas in a new way
How often do you intend to measure your progress?
- Every day at the same time
- The first of every month
- Every week on the same day
- Every year
When it comes to resolutions from past years, you...
- Have a proven track record of success
- Can't remember them very well
- Think you know how to apply the lessons from previous failures
- Want to try the exact same things this year, even though they didn't work before
When you think of your New Year's resolution, you feel...
When did you make the plan that details how you intend to get from here to there?
- Plan? What plan? You need to be free to figure it out as you go along.
- You have yet to start making one, but you intend to get going soon.
- You like to take your time, so you started to work on it in early December.
- New Year's Eve
If at first, you don't succeed...
- Try, try again
- You may need to edit either your resolution or your plan but intend to keep the general theme
- Why bother?
- You should probably find a different goal and pursue that instead
Get new quizzes every day. Like us on Facebook!
New Year's Resolutions
New Year's resolutions can be a great way to jumpstart your quest for self-improvement. But, impossible or overly broad ones could backfire and make you lose your motivation. Maybe you're working with common New Year resolution ideas. Maybe you're trying something new this year. Whatever your goals, make sure that you're set up to achieve them. Take this quiz and see whether you're good to go--or whether you may need people you trust to give you a little extra help editing your list of ideas.