Only A Real Chicagoan Can Get 100% On This Slang Quiz!
"Chicago mix" refers to which of the following?
- A mix of wind, sleet, and snow in the winter
- Cheddar and caramel popcorn mixed together
- A type of house party
If someone calls you a "Grabowski," they are lovingly saying you are:
- A middle class, blue-collar Polish person
- Someone who can't help but steal; a kleptomaniac
- A handsy person at a bar or club
What is the term Chicagoans use to hold their street parking spaces (usually with lawn chairs or other random objects) after digging them out of the snow?
- Concrete corner
- Dig 'em, park 'em
If someone tells you they are going to Jewels, it means they are going to:
- Go shopping for an engagement ring
- Go shopping for secret sales
- Go shopping for groceries
Who are Trixie and Chad?
- Mayor Daley's pet poodles
- Any annoying couple from a trendy neighborhood
- The local slang names for buses and trains
If you are going clubbing in the "Viagra Triangle," you'll be in which area of the city?
- Clark & Belmont
- Rush & Division
- Clark & Broadway
If someone asks you "Wet, dry, or dipped," they are referring to which of the following?
- How you want your Italian beef
- If you are sunbathing or swimming in Lake Michigan
- If you are rich, poor, or middle class
To true, die-hard White Sox fans, the name of their team's stadium will always be what?
- Guaranteed Rate Field
- U.S. Cellular Field
- Comiskey Park
What color do North Siders bleed?
- Hawks red
- Bears orange
- Cubbie blue
What is the name of the festival that takes place every July near the lakefront?
- The Taste
- The Chew
- The Sampler
Born-and-raised Chicagoans don't have living rooms. What do they have instead?
- Parlor rooms
- Gathering rooms
Kennedy, Ike, Dan Ryan, and Stevenson are what?
- Family names of the founders of Chicago
- The name for expressways running through Chicago
- Sandwiches you can get at The Berghoff
What is giardiniera?
- A unique Chicago rooftop gardening technique
- The most popular Italian restaurant on the South Side
- Italian relish Chicagoans put on Italian beefs and other sandwiches
This liquor is a long-time Chicago favorite, maybe because it managed to stay legal throughout prohibition.
- Jeppson's Malort
- Irish whiskey
Finish this phone number: 773-202-____.
If traffic is bad in the summer on the North Side, you might ask if there is one of these going on:
- Hawks game
- Bulls Game
- Cubs game
What do locals call Lake Shore Drive?
- Traffic buster road
- Long street drive
Which train brings hordes of suburbanites into the city on weekends?
After a night of drinking and dancing at your favorite bars, you and your friends will head here for a 2:00 a.m. snack.
- Jack in the Box
- Golden Waffle
An order of tips and links always comes with:
- Rib tips, hot links, and crackers
- Rib tips, hot links, and a buttermilk biscuit
- Rib tips, hot links, and a piece of white bread