Which of the Best States to Live in Should I Move to?
When it comes to education, your philosophy is:
- The state you live in had better be in the top five--or else how will you provide the right life for your kids?
- Education is important, but pretty good is good enough
Moving to a new state can be stressful. What kind of reception are you looking for from the locals?
- So long as everyone's polite, you're happy to forge your own way.
- You want random strangers to greet you, chat about the weather, and offer you all the aid you can handle.
- You like a challenge! You want proud and stubborn folks whose approval means something, darn it!
- Garden-variety friendliness may do for most things, but when it comes to the LGBTQ community, you want a surprisingly open and welcoming urban environment.
How do you feel about weather and the four seasons?
- You love summer and winter and don't much care about the in-betweeners.
- You like it hot and you like it cold--provided you can ski. Just keep that cursed humidity far away!
- Each of the four has its own natural wonders to offer. You want a vivid spring, summer, fall, and winter, please.
- Grey is your favorite color, and rainy is your favorite kind of day. You want to experience the seasons, but so long as life is otherwise good, you don't need the changes to be dramatic.
It's a winter weekend. You want...
- To hit the slopes!
- To snowshoe your way through the woods
- To take in some local music
- To go ice skating
Which of the following major cities would you most like to visit for a long weekend?
- New York
- Los Angeles
- Las Vegas
In a past life, you were...
- A cowboy
- An artist
- A fur trapper
- A nurse or teacher
Which of the following continents would you most like to spend your next vacation in (based on personality, not distance)?
- South America
- North America
Which of the following is more important when considering where to live?
- Personal, professional opportunities
- State-level resources: infrastructure, healthcare, education, etc.
If you were an item of clothing, you would be...
- A poncho
- A flannel shirt
- A wool coat
- A loose skirt or pair of pants
Your favorite team sport is...
- Ice hockey
- Ice hockey to play, and football to watch
Get new quizzes every day. Like us on Facebook!
Best States to Live in
US News and World Report produces a list of state ranks every year, using the most current data on everything from unemployment rates to education to state income to determine the best place to live in the United States of America. So whether you're from one of the worst states to live or just ready for a new life, this quiz will recommend the best state for you, like Washington, Minnesota, or Utah.