How Long Would You Survive In The Desert?
You're having a blast on your vacation to Egypt. That is until disaster strikes and leaves you stranded in the middle of desert! At least you have your...
- Water bottle
- Packed lunch
The desert sun can be brutal. How will you protect yourself?
- With a hat
- With sunscreen
- By staying in the shade
You look up to see a sandstorm approaching in the distance. Think fast! What do you do?
- Run in the opposite direction
- Find some kind of shelter, even if it's just a big rock
- Lay down and cover my head
- What's the big deal? It's just sand...
So... thirsty... need... water. What do you do?
- Collect rainwater
- Cut into a cactus
- Search for a natural water source
- Build a solar water still
- Drink me own urine... hey, don't judge me!
How can you identify a venomous snake?
- Look at its head
- Look at its color
- Look in its eyes
- All of the above
- Does it really matter?
While trekking through the desert, you'd be most on the lookout for...
- Critters, like spiders and snakes
- Predators, like coyotes and wild pigs
- Terrorists; I know they're out here somewhere!
What's the one thing that would keep you pushing for survival?
- The thought of an ice cold pitcher of water
- Memories of friends and family
- Not wanting to die
- The book deal I'll get for writing about this
- I'm not really sure
Were you in Boy or Girl Scouts growing up?
- Yep, sure was
- Yes, and I was a high-ranking member
- No, and don't you dare hold it against my survival skills!
On a typical day, how many 8 oz. glasses of water do you drink?
- 1 or 2
- 3 to 5
- 6, 7, or 8
- More than 8... by the way, where's the bathroom?
- Uhh... how much is an ounce, exactly?
You spot an oasis in the distance. You...
- First things first... I need something to drink!
- Scout the area
- Oh no, I'm not falling for that one...