Which Early Chinese Emperor Are You?
You're walking through the forest and see a moving shadow by the side of the path. What is it?
- A lonely maiden? Perhaps she would enjoy my royal company!
- I see a beggar and decide to create a system to vanquish poverty
- Hey, it's an elk! I pull out my bow and take a shot.
- It’s a peasant, and I accept his deep bow with magnanimous dignity
It's your birthday! One of your subjects is singing to you and has a particularly nice voice - it reminds you of the song of the nightingale. What do you do?
- The beauty of the singer's voice gives me a feeling of serenity
- I build a monument for the nightingale in honor of this moment
- I’m not that impressed, but I clap politely
- I'm drunk and I don't care
You’re sitting next to a pond, contemplating the universe, when a magical duck offers you one wish. What happens next?
- I kill the duck and eat it... no magical shortcuts for me
- I ignore it
- I wish for happiness in my kingdom
- I attack the duck in an attempt to get two wishes
The circus has come to town! Which are your favorite performers?
- The animal tamers
- I have no use for frivolity
- The acrobats
- The clowns
You sit down to eat dinner, but someone has forgotten your vessel of rice wine! How do you react?
- I’m too busy to be bothered
- I’m paranoid that it may be missing for a nefarious reason and leave
- I calmly order the one responsible to death for my amusement
- It is of no importance
Your empire flourishes! But how should it be organized?
- I create a centralized bureaucracy chosen on merit
- I give fiefs to my sons and make them princes
- Someone else can decide
- I give land to my noble generals because they keep the kingdom safe
Time for bed! What’s the last thing you think of before drifting off?
- Regimentation of the tax codes
- Nothing. I’m out like a light.
- How awesome my tomb is going to look when I die
- My favorite dancer
Which is your favorite animal?
- White tiger
You receive news from one of your generals that your army is taking terrible casualties in battle. What's your response?
- Press on with the attack!
- I execute monks out of frustration
- Pull my army back - I will not have men killed needlessly
- Retreat and use this battleground to build a monument to end all wars
Your mother-in-law is annoying you again. How do you handle it?
- I humbly agree to change my ways
- Off with the harpy's head!
- I try to charm her into liking me
- I'll just wait for her to die