What’s Your Wine IQ?
From what year does the world's oldest, still intact bottle of wine date?
- 450-400 B.C.
- 0 B.C.
- 300-350 A.D.
- Sometime in the 14th century
Why do wine tasters swirl their glasses before a first sip?
- To release the wine's powerful aromas
- To ensure the mixing of the alcohol content with the grape juice
- To look for sediments
- To look like they know what they are doing
What did the ancient Romans add to wine as a preservative and flavor enhancer?
- Olive oil
What did the ancient Code of Hammurabi mandate as punishment for fraudulent wine dealers?
- Amputation of the nose
- Death by grape press
- Slavery in the king's vineyards
- Death by drowning in the river
You've prepared a gourmet dinner of Beef Bourguignon. Which of these wines would you not serve with the dish?
Which of these drinks is not considered a "wine?"
- Bull's Blood
Where does the state of California rank in world wine production?
Which of these wine varieties is a white wine?
- Baco Noir
- Fear of flying champagne corks
- Fear of red wine staining
- Fear of wine
- Fear of running out of wine