Which Grad Degree Should You Get?
What do you value most in a job?
- Helping people
- Intellectual stimulation
- Work-life balance
- Making money
When it comes to conflict with others, you...
- Thrive on it
- Will stand my ground if I think I'm right
- I don't like confrontation
How would you describe your mathematical ability?
- I'm a genius when it comes to numbers
- I'm reasonably competent
- I'm actually kind of scared of numbers...
How would you describe your reading habits?
- I love to read
- It's a chore
- I don't enjoy it at all...
How would you describe your working habits?
- I work extremely hard
- I work hard when I need to, but I play just as hard too
- I do the bare minimum I need to get by
How do you feel about teamwork?
- I prefer to work in groups over working alone
- I enjoy working with others when it is beneficial
- I like to maintain control of my own projects and ideas
How would you describe yourself academically?
- I am very competitive and I get good grades
- I am very competitive, but my grades aren't the best
- I'm not competitive, but I get good grades
- I'm not competitive, and my grades aren't the best
What kind of work do you find most appealing?
- Work that is challenging
- Work that is relatively straightforward
- Work that is unique and always changing
- Work that makes a difference in the world
Can you see yourself becoming a college professor?
- Yeah, that sounds like it would be fun!
- I need to get out of school and into the real world at some point!
When it comes to writing papers, you find the process...
- I won't be winning any Pulitzers, but I can write a good argument
- I love conveying complex ideas to others in written form