What Should I Study If I’m Going Back to School?
Before we can start thinking about returning to school, what did you originally study when you first attended college?
- Law, Communication, or Journalism
- Something in the arts
- English or Psychology
- A really complicated science
- I never went to college.
What is your current education level?
- High school or GED
- Some college, but didn't finish
- Associate's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Masters Degree or another postsecondary degree
What are you currently doing for work?
- I work in the Finance, Law, or Medical industry.
- I work part-time in Retail.
- I'm in Marketing or IT.
- I'm an artist/ freelancer.
- I'm currently unemployed.
Do you enjoy your job?
- It puts food on the table.
- I love what I do, and I'm on the path for even more growth.
- I hate it and think about quitting every day.
- I'm satisfied, but it's not really what I'm passionate about.
- I could use a change of scenery.
If you won the lottery, what would be your first purchase?
- A computer upgrade to play HD games
- A trip around the world to study endangered species
- Luxury art supplies or a new camera
- My dream home on a tropical island
- An all-new wardrobe
How would you describe your work ethic?
- I need a little push (or, you know, micromanaging) to get things done.
- I'm Type-A and care very much about productivity.
- The bigger my paycheck, the more motivated I am to work.
- As long as I believe in the purpose of a task, I work really hard.
- I'm a workaholic to a fault.
What is your greatest fear when it comes to your career?
- Not making a big enough impact
- Not earning the money I want
- Not being recognized for my achievements
- Not being given a creative outlet
- Not being challenged enough
Who or what would you prefer to spend the workday with?
- Children or people in need
- A competitive team
- A collaborative team
- I prefer to work alone.
Do you consider yourself an entrepreneur?
- Yes, I have an entrepreneurial spirit.
- No, I prefer working for a company or organization.
What is the most important job of our government?
- To provide healthcare for people in need
- To be honest and open about its policies
- To grow our science and technological advancements
- To protect and enhance the economy
- To fund a quality education for our children
Do you consider yourself creative?
- Yes, I do some art as a hobby on the side.
- I draw or take pictures for fun every now and then.
- Yes, but only with writing.
- I leave the creative stuff to the artists.
- I despise arts and crafts.
Are you a humanitarian?
- Yes, I believe there is too much wealth in the world for people to be poor and hungry.
- I believe billionaires and the rich should be responsible for humanitarian acts.
- I believe everyone plays a part in creating a better world.
- That's the job of a charity. I'm too broke to help anyone else.
If you were asked to create a presentation about what you've learned so far in life, what would be your format?
- TED Talk
- YouTube video
- Some sort of visual art or interpretive dance
Get new quizzes every day. Like us on Facebook!
Going Back to School
If you've been in the career field for a while and recently decided that you're going back to school, it can be an exciting yet nerve-wracking time. Returning to college means you need a plan for tuition by applying for financial aid and scholarships. And most of all, you need to have a plan of what you'll study and which courses you'll take. Deciding on a degree program is probably one of the most important decisions to make. Depending on the time and money you have to spend on degree programs, you can choose a variety of paths.
Whether you're getting a Bachelor's degree for the first time, or if you're going back to get a second one like a Master's degree or other higher education, there's surely a program out there for you. Working adults and other students can participate in an online school, a local community college, or a public state institution. Majors like Business, Computer Science, English, and Nursing are popular fields of study when you go back to school.