Can I Be a Social Media Influencer?
What is your social media platform of choice?
How many followers do you have?
- Under 500
- A few thousand
- I'm almost at a million
- Over a million
Which brand would you love to work with?
- Green Chef
- Fashion Nova
How are your video editing skills?
- I don't know how to edit videos.
- Does Instagram Reels count?
- I've tried, and it's not for me.
- I dabble in iMovie.
- I create and publish videos on my YouTube channel weekly.
How comfortable are you creating a product review?
- I can tell you if I like it or not.
- I'm confident talking about products I'll actually use.
- I've made a few unboxing videos in the past, but nothing too opinionated.
- I can send you a few examples of previous reviews I've written!
How would you choose the winner for a giveaway on your social media profile?
- A giveaway? That's too much work for me.
- I'd use a randomizer tool online to pick a name from a list of email addresses.
- I'll have people "enter" by leaving a comment on my photo and tagging two friends.
- I'll randomly pick a name from the people who follow me.
Influencers are considered the "new celebrity." How would you react to your "fans" approaching you in public?
- I'd act like I didn't know what they were talking about.
- I'd sign a few autographs and take a few selfies.
- I'd stop and chat for a while and learn how they discovered my content.
- I'd smile, wave, and keep it moving.
Maintaining a popular social media profile requires monitoring important metrics. How good are you at tracking data?
- I pay attention to how many Followers I gain each week.
- I'm very data-conscious, and I love looking at metrics like the most popular time of day and which post types get the most engagement, as well as watch time on videos.
- I'm not great at it, but I'm excited to learn more.
- I don't bother with numbers. Whoever follows me, follows me.
What is your niche?
- My what?
- I like a few different things like crafts, plants, bullet journals, and fashion.
- Electronics and gaming
- Pregnancy, parenting, and kids
- Makeup and skincare
What is your strategy for social media engagement?
- I post when I feel like posting.
- I have a strict weekly schedule for posting, including questions to ask my followers and hashtags to put in each caption.
- I follow a bunch of hashtags and engage with those posts daily, following people who are in the same niche.
- I follow a bunch of people who like the same type of content as me, but end up unfollowing people who don't follow back.
How creative can you be when coming up with your own content ideas?
- I get inspiration from Pinterest and the Instagram Explore tab.
- I follow instructions well, but coming up with my own ideas is intimidating.
- I'm pretty basic with my content. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
- I love brainstorming and developing new, innovative ideas for photos and videos.
What's your story? Why would someone want to buy a product you recommend?
- I have a lot of allergies, so I want to help people find natural products that support their sensitivities.
- I refuse to work for "The Man" so I'm making my own way online.
- I love art and creating photos and videos, so why not make a career out of it?
- I am an expert at what I do, so I feel I can offer a credible opinion to people who may find it useful.
Get new quizzes every day. Like us on Facebook!
Social Media Influencer
A social media influencer is an online personality who may work with companies and brands to promote certain products and services that may interest their audience of followers. There are nano-influencers and micro-influencers, as well as macro-influencers who have a higher follower count. The amount of money an influencer can make with a brand will often depend on their follower count and the amount of engagement their profile sees. On Instagram, influencer marketing is a $1.7 billion industry.
Social media influencers are known to recommend certain items to their audience, and these followers take the recommendation seriously because of their trust in this person. The influencer may have the type of lifestyle they want or they may share similar values and goals. So, an influencer marketing campaign includes partnering with these personalities to reach a larger target audience. Many influencers work with makeup, bedding, clothing, and electronics. Influencers on Instagram create content to earn a lot of Likes, Comments, and Shares to gain more exposure for the brand.