How Long Would You Last on The Great British Baking Show?
Dear Lord, you were hoping they'd ease you into things, but nope--Mary Berry has demanded a Genoise sponge the very first weekend. You're worried that yours will have this most common problem:
- It’ll fall into a dense pancake.
- The cake will rise too far, developing a domed top.
- The wrong amount of baking soda will produce a bitter taste.
- It will be bland
When do you add the eggs to Choux pastry?
- At the very beginning
- After the other wet ingredients begin to simmer on the stove
- On the stove, just after the flour
- After the other ingredients have cooked and cooled for a few minutes
Which of the following will hurt your full puff pastry the most?
- Using a book fold rather than a simple or letter fold
- Warm or melted butter
- Unsifted flour
- Putting dough in the oven while still cold
Nobody likes a soggy bottom! So if you’re baking a custard pie, you should always...
- Avoid adding other fillings
- Use more flour in your dough
- Blind bake the crust
- Bake it at a higher temperature
If your custard doesn’t set, you most likely…
- Didn't cook it long enough
- Used dairy with too low a fat content
- Flavor it properly
- Stirred it too much
The judges of The Great British Baking Show have assigned you a hand-raised meat pie. You should use what kind of pastry?
- Rough Puff
- Hot water crust
Even Noel Fielding is giving you some side-eye after seeing your latest cake. Which of these would get you the harshest critique from the judges?
- Frosting the cake while still hot from the oven
- Using a mirror glaze
- Using store-bought fondant for minor decorations.
- Failing to temper small chocolate hearts
One great British dessert is the Bakewell tart. The classic version includes which of the following?
- Bavarian cream
What type of meringue is most commonly used to top a pie?
No handshake for you! Paul Hollywood pokes at your bread with disgust. It’s much too tough and chewy. You must have…
- Failed to develop the gluten
- Used too little water
- Under-proofed the dough
- Overworked the dough
Get new quizzes every day. Like us on Facebook!
Great British Baking Show
"The Great British Baking Show" isn't for the weak! Between the judges' harsh critiques and the stiff competition from other amateur bakers, this show is a challenge. Paul Hollywood and Mary Berry will push you to your limits, and the team of hosts--whether it's Mel Giedroyc and Sue Perkins or Sandi Toksvig and Noel Fielding--can only do so much to save you. Take this quiz and test your baking trivia. Find out if you're the one who'd win the Great British Bake-Off or if you'd be the first sent home. So ready, set, bake!