What’s Your Culinary IQ?
Tempered chocolate refers to chocolate that has been:
- Quickly melted to preserve flavor
- Flash frozen before grating
- Heated and cooled - perfect for dipping
- Slowly frozen to prevent freezer burn
A roux would typically be made with equal parts flour and:
In Eggs Benedict, how are the eggs cooked?
- They're served raw
All of the following are examples of a flambé except:
- Steak Diane
- Bananas Foster
- Cherries Jubilee
- Crêpes Maria
Which knife is best suited for deveining shrimp?
- Paring knife
- Chef's knife
- Utility knife
- Butter knife
Which of the following is considered a wet heat cooking method?
"Smoke point" refers to:
- The area of a grill that produces the most heat
- One of the main types of Western Chinese cuisine
- The temperature when oil burns and should be discarded
- The moment liquid in a stew completely evaporates
Which of the following cooking utensils has never been safety-approved by Underwriter Labs?
- Kitchen blow torches
- Turkey fryers
- Immersion blenders
Baking soda is used in baked goods for what reason?
- It makes the dough rise
- It makes the dough taste saltier
- It makes the dough bake faster
- It makes the dough last longer
Which of the following is NOT typically used to smoke food?