Are You A Workaholic?
Your boss reminds you to turn in your TPS report. What do you hand in?
- A review of my favorite third-person shooter
- A warrant for my arrest from the Toronto Police Service
- An in-depth analysis of Torsonic Polarity Syndrome
- My testing procedure specifications... WITH a cover sheet
- I have no idea what you're talking about.
What sounds most like something you might do at the office?
- Filling the water cooler with vodka
- Using crayons to sign my reports
- Labeling every ceiling tile in the office with sticky notes, just so no one would forget
- I'm not that type of person
It's almost time for work, and your carpool buddy just called in sick. What do you do?
- Take the bus, ride a bike, hitchhike... I will NOT lose my perfect attendance record
- Wish them the best, and try to make it to work on time
- What? I can't hear you over the sound of me going back to sleep
- Call my boss to let them know I have to take my friend to the hospital
It's your coworker's birthday, and you forgot to get a present - even though they bought you an awesome one last month. What do you do?
- Take someone else's present and gift it as my own
- "Sorry, the economy..."
- I'll spend my entire lunch break looking for a great gift, even if it means starving
- I can just wrap up some office supplies really quick
It's time for your company's annual conference call with corporate. You are most likely:
- Finalizing the details on my presentation for the hundredth time
- Trying to find my colleague, who was supposed to bring our notes...
- Trying hard not to fall asleep
- Asleep at my desk
You overhear your boss on the phone mention something about a "CFO." He's most likely talking about:
- His antique coal-firing oven
- My company's Chief Financial Officer coming to pay a visit
- The branch's Civil Enforcement Officer coming to give me another parking ticket
- The Chief Fire Officer coming to scold me for using my propane grill at work
The last time you were promoted was:
- Last month
- 6 months ago
- Last year. Win some, lose some, right?
- Define "promoted"
If your company faced budget cuts, who should be the first to go?
- My boss
- The maintenance staff - I don't need a clean space to work
- The rest of my department - so I can do everything how it should be done
- Me - makes it easier so I don't have to put in my two-week notice
Disaster strikes. You are supposed to bring in donuts for everyone, but your phone is dead and you can't ask what flavors to bring. What do you do?
- Two dozen plain donuts, please
- Ask to borrow a stranger's phone to call work
- Vaguely guess what everyone likes to eat, more or less
- "Guys, traffic was soooo bad this morning..."
"Yeah, I'm gonna need you to come in on Saturday..."
- Well, I guess I quit
- Got it. I'll bring the coffee.
- Great, are you sure I'm not needed Sunday, too?
- I can't. I'm sick. I mean, I'll probably be sick.