What’s Your U.S. History IQ?
"Seward's Folly" was a name some used for which land purchase by the U.S. government?
- The Louisiana Purchase
- The Gadsden Purchase
- The Alaska Purchase
- The Oregon Purchase
The only time during World War II that American soil was bombed by an enemy aircraft was by which country?
- The United Kingdom
The peace treaty at the end of the Revolutionary War was signed in which city?
- Washington, D.C.
The Monroe Doctrine:
- Set the western boundary of America
- Firmly established the Federal Reserve and the Supreme Court
- Laid out the American defense plan for war with France
- Said that European powers were no longer allowed to colonize in the Americas
Which party was formed to oppose the Democrats in 1833?
In which Civil War battle was General Stonewall Jackson mortally wounded?
- Second Battle of Bull Run
The muckrakers in the early 1900s were:
- Rebellious farmers tired of paying high taxes
- A regiment of marines who survived the Battle of San Juan Hill
- Journalists intent on exposing corruption
- Northeastern warhawks who favored war with Canada and Great Britain
The United States obtained all of the following from Spain after the Spanish-American War EXCEPT:
- Puerto Rico
- The Philippines
The failed predecessor to the United Nations proposed by President Wilson was:
- The Justice League
- The Grand Alliance
- The League of Nations
- The Northern Atlantic Treaty Organization
The purpose of the Marshall Plan after World War II was to:
- Insert spies into the Soviet Union
- Make the Alaska Territory the final state
- Send Japanese-Americans to Japan
- Provide financial aid to Europe